- Information Collection – GravitySailor is the sole owner of the information collected on GravitySailor. GravitySailor may collect information from our users at several different points on GravitySailor.
- b. Mailing Lists & Service Emails – GravitySailor may launch a mailing list in order to provide subscribers with relevant information—breaking news, or weekly or daily round-ups, for example. In order to sign up to receive regular emails from the site’s mailing list, users must submit information including a valid email address and demographic information such as location and interests. This information will be used in aggregate form only in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services, and your personal and contact information will not be passed to any other organization. Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from the site. GravitySailor may from time to time track user email usage in a continued effort to improve our offering. Most of the time, these will be content from the site in question, but we may occasionally send out an email from a third party sponsor. This will be infrequent, and does not represent an endorsement by GravitySailor of any products advertised therein. It will clearly be marked as advertising. Since editorial independence is critical to us, you can be sure that we will never send out a sponsored email in the guise of a glowing product review. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, please do not sign up for the mailing list.
- e. Log Files – Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
3. Business Transitions – In the event that GravitySailor goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred
4. Legal Disclaimer – Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, GravitySailor may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on any of the GravitySailor users.
5. Information Security – GravitySailor has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and policies, access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal. Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to address any problems.